Job Vacancy: First Line Technical Support engineers
Kamazoy Virtual IT Department is proud to announce due to its rapid expansion that it is now recruiting for First Line Technical Support Engineers to join its southern office in the heart of picturesque Worcester.
Based just a five-minute walk from Worcester Foregate Street train station you will be part of our initial call-handling team, responding to customer enquiries and performing basic tasks such as changing passwords, diagnosing faults remotely and over the phone, and either troubleshooting and resolving faults yourself or escalating it to a member of our second-line team.
You must be:
- Self-motivated. We like people who stand up and want to be taken notice of. Confidence, not arrogance, is king.
- Able to not only multitask, but recognise when it is more efficient to do so.
- Not afraid of asking for help if you are stuck, or have been asked to do something that you have not done before. Techies love sharing information, so if you want to learn, you must be willing to ask a manager or a member of the team.
- Internally wired towards technology. We want to know that ones and zeroes make up your blood (a blood sample will not be taken, we’ll take your word on this).
- Exceptionally good at communication. After all, when our customers call up, it’s you that they’ll be speaking to.
- Able to travel to Worcester Foregate Street for between an 8am and 10am start, and able to work a minimum of 3 days a week.
Experience & Requirements
You must have the following skills:
- A good understanding of Microsoft operating systems: Windows XP to Windows 10, and Server 2003 to Server 2012 R2, and able to perform basic tasks (for example, edit a user group, reset a password, or get to the Control Panel) on all of them.
- A thorough understanding of how the Internet works. You need to know what DNS is, what DHCP is, and what ADSL and 802.11b/g/a/n refers to.
- You must be able to troubleshoot. If a customer’s Internet connection isn’t working, which things would you check and in which order to determine why?
Desirable, but not essential
- Scripting knowledge
- Programming knowledge: C#
- Virtualisation/Hyper-V or VMware knowledge
- Thorough Linux skills
You will be paid a starting salary of £6.70 per hour (reviewed after three months) and contracted for a minimum of 6 hours a day, of which an hour will be unpaid for your lunch breaks. We are flexible; you are free to start work between 8am and 10am, but we will expect you to work hard in exchange for the flexible arrangements and comfortable, friendly working conditions.
You will be based at our Worcester office. Car parking is nearby but not on-site and is not free. Worcester Foregate Street train station is five minutes walk away from the office.
This is a permanent position, and would suit university leavers or students on placement (include your confirmed grade scores for a better chance of getting the job!).
The Application Process
If you are interested in applying for the position please submit a covering letter in the body of the message and attach a CV, sent to us via our Helpdesk System.