Job Vacancy: C# Developer
Kamazoy Virtual IT Department is proud to announce due to its rapid expansion that it is now recruiting for experienced C# developers to join its southern office in the heart of picturesque Worcester.
Based just a five-minute walk from Worcester Foregate Street train station you will be working on our tried-and-tested software solutions that are deployed in universities, schools and colleges, as well as public sector organisations including the NHS.
We are looking for a C# developer responsible for building C# applications and maintaining our library of existing applications. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
- Translate application storyboards and use-cases into functional applications
- Liaise with the customer, the project manager and relevant team members to build quality code
- Ensure the best possible performance of any code or algorithms that are used in any application
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs before the code is put into production
- Help maintain quality source code, including descriptive comments and other documentation tools
- Proficient in Visual Studio 2013 or 2015, and proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Experience of nuget, log4net and other common libraries
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Office 365 services
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skill for deciphering existing code and writing reusable C# libraries
- Knack for writing clean, readable C# code
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
This role would suit a university graduate with strong C# skills and experience of databases and web technologies. The ability to organise and remain motivated is of paramount importance.
Some technical support & customer liaison skills would also be desirable.
Salary & Hours
Salary dependent on experience and is subject to negotiation. This is a part-time role of approximately 16 hours per week and will after review become a full-time position.
You will be able to work remotely but would be expected to attend our Worcester office at least once a month. Car parking is nearby but not on-site and is not free. Worcester Foregate Street train station is five minutes walk away from the office.
The Application Process
If you are interested in applying for the position please submit a covering letter in the body of the message and attach a CV, sent to us via our Helpdesk System.