- Phone Support
1.2. How do I manually uninstall the NetExtender client?
By default, it should be possible to remove NetExtender, click on Start > All Programs, click on Dell SonicWALL SSL VPN NetExtender, and then click on Uninstall (or, alternatively, from the Control Panel, Add/Remove software).
If those options are not available or do not work, please follow these steps if you are unable to remove NetExtender:
- Go to Control panel/System/Device manager, delete the SSL-VPN NetExtender Adapter. You may first need to boot into Safe Mode.
- Reboot and delete SSLDrv.* files from C:\Windows and C:\Windows\System32.
- Open a Command Console, go to C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files, enter del NELaunch*.* /S. If you are using Firefox, go to plugin folder and delete all npNELaunch*.* files.
- Go to C:\Windows, delete NESetupM.exe.
Note: If the "SonicWALL NetExtender Service" still appears in the Microsoft Management Console Services list, perform the following steps.
- Open a Command Prompt by going to Start Menu > Run. Type "cmd", and hit Enter.
- Type the following command to remove the service: "sc delete SONICWALL_NetExtender".
Refresh the Services list. The service should have disappeared.
|Previous page||Next page|
|← 1.1. Where can I download the SonicWALL NetExtender client software from?||2. Network Troubleshooting →|
Looking for commercial IT support?
We provide IT support services to businesses in and around the West Midlands including Birmingham, Solihull and Bromsgrove. To find out if you can benefit from our services, see how we can help you.